A Bit About Me

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a great day today. If you don’t already know me, I am Adam, a 7th Grade Student at McDowell Exchange School. At the moment, I am 13 years old. I’m from Laurelville, Ohio which is in Western Hocking county in South-Central Ohio. Laurelville has a population of around 600 people and I have lived there for my whole life. I enjoy playing video games. There really isn’t a certain game that I play a lot more than the others. I usually play a variety of games ranging from Retro, to Sports Games, to Battle Royales (yes I know I am cringe). I enjoy watching American Football and if I was allowed to play, I would. My favorite NCAA football team is the Ohio State Buckeyes and my favorite NFL team is the Cleveland Browns (I have a Browns autographed football to prove it). I have 20 animals. I know it is a lot, let me explain. I have 3 cats, 3 dogs, and 14 chickens. All of the 6 dogs and cats were taken in after being dumped by their original owners. I have a chubby inside cat named Moon, an outside cat named Star, and another outside cat named Comet. Comet arrived at our house around 4 1/2 months ago. He is very friendly. Star is also very friendly. But, Moon is an absolute demon. All of our dogs are outside. First, there is Butterscotch. She is the nicest dog I have ever met. We also have Melissa and Willow, who are sisters even though they look completely the opposite. Between our 14 chickens, two of them are 5 years old and the other twelve are about 1 1/2 years old.

School Currently

At the moment, I go to McDowell Exchange School located in Circleville, Ohio. It is the 7th and 8th Grade building. The school day lasts from 7:55 AM to 2:31 PM. Every student has 7 periods. My first period is Science with Mrs. Wilson. My second period is Honors Algebra which is with Mrs. Montgomery. There is a mix of 7th and 8th grade students in that class. I am one of 5 7th grade  students that are in that class. Third, I have Advanced Language Arts with Mrs. Caudill. If I wasn’t in Advanced Language Arts, I wouldn’t be doing this blog right now because only the Advanced class does these blogs. For period 4A, I have AE with Mrs. Griffey. For period 4B, I have Lunch. Period 4 is split into A and B so the Lunchroom isn’t so crowded. For 5th period, I have Social Studies with Mr. Holbert. For my 6th period, I have Art with Mrs. Helsel. Finally, for 7th period, I have Guided Study with Mrs. Griffey.

District Summary

McDowell Exchange School is a part of the school district of Logan Elm. There are 6 different buildings in the district. First, for the elementary schools (K-4), there is Laurelville Elementary, Pickaway Elementary, and Washington Elementary. I went to Laurelville Elementary, which is located in Laurelville, Ohio. Next, there is Salt Creek Intermediate School (5-6), where all of the three elementary schools join together. Then, there is the building that I go to currently, McDowell Exchange School (7-8). Finally, there is the Logan Elm High School, which is on the same property as McDowell (9-12).

Future Career Plans

My plans for the future are to go to college in Ohio. Particularly Ohio State University or Ohio University is where I would go. I hope to be a Meteorologist in the future. I would need a degree in Atmospheric Sciences to do that though. I plan on working for one of the National Weather services in Ohio. I probably will still live in Ohio if I am a Meteorologist. There could be a chance that I would have to go to college in the southern United States if I want a very complex program. I don’t think I will be a TV Meteorologist because I am not very social. That could always change with time. We will just have to see.

Thank you for reading this. Have a great day!

(As of 10/9/21)